- Lead organisation: Power Circle Projects
- Location: Blairgowrie, Perth and Kinross
- Location category: Urban with significant rural
- Heat Pump Ready grant value: £83,870.48
- Project partners: No partners
- Project subcontractors: Connect 3, Blairgowrie and Rattray Development Trust, Geospatial Insight Ltd, Strathclyde University (Energy Systems Research Unit), MCA Renewables, Zuos Ltd, Scottish and South Energy Networks
The SAPPHIRE Solo project will explore the provision of smart energy systems in homes that incorporate heat pump technology, battery, and Solar PV. Adopting a system approach, the smart energy system’s key benefit is to enable a switch from gas to electric heating without raising energy bills. This delivers more carbon savings and offers greater economic benefit than installing heat pumps on their own.
The project aims to understand the feasibility of aggregated installations for optimised management and generation of grid services revenues which help fund the equipment, to provide a further benefit to the consumer. The project also includes developing an approach to work with local gas service engineers, boosting install capacity and providing a key channel to market at scale.