- Lead organisation: Build Test Solutions
- Heat Pump Ready grant value: £233,887.58
- Project partners: Veritherm UK and Elmhurst Energy Services Ltd
This project aims to create a new method to optimise heat pump specification, design and management by using on site measurement of building performance parameters as design inputs. Through using smart meters, low cost sensors and newly established techniques to directly measure key performance parameters on a property basis, this project aims to determine:
- How calculations and measurements can co exist, the latter providing improved confidence as well as optimisation and calibration of heat pump system specification and design.
- A publicly available protocol that defines the measurement options, the standards that must be followed, what the outputs must comprise and how these should be presented.
- Optimal delivery models with respect to the use of quick tests, low disruption short term monitoring and/ or use of existing smart infrastructure and IoT devices already installed.
- The role of ongoing measurement and condition monitoring services to validate system performance in use.
- Scope and also deliver added features and functionality to the measurement in response to heat pump market needs.