- Lead organisation: Gen Game
- Heat Pump Ready grant value: £762,522.55
- Project partners: Evergreen Energy Ltd, Chameleon Technology (UK) Limited, TalkTalk, EnAPPsys Ltd, University of Salford
The THOM project aims to create a heat pump specialist Home Energy Management System (HEMS) supported by a full package solution to help customers understand and maximise the benefits to their home, while reducing costs and carbon. This will be achieved by:
- Using smart meter data to identify customers who would benefit from heat pumps and inform them of savings.
- Sizing heat pumps based on a variety of data sources.
- Optimising home energy systems across heat pumps, PV, electric vehicle charging, battery storage and other energy assets to reduce costs and carbon.
- Providing access to flexibility markets to enhance the benefits and business case.
- Remaining energy supplier and product manufacturer agnostic, giving customers choice.